" Français Correctif " (French Improvement)
Target Public :
Business executives and employees, Canadian civil servants working in the federal and provincial government, individuals.
Course Formats :
- Small-group lessons
- Private or semi-private lessons
Languages Taught :
Written French (first-language)
This module may be offered in other languages. Please consult us.
Levels Offered :
- Levels 3 and 4: pre-intermediate/intermediate – Objective : basic functional level
- Levels 5 and 6 : advanced intermediate/Advanced – Objective: advanced functional level/ bilingual
Teaching Approach and Content :
Review of basic grammar for French as a first language. Specifically:
- Verb and past participle agreement;
- Relative pronouns (qui, que, dont, où, auquel, etc.);
- Determiners (ci-joint, tel, tout, même, quelque, etc.);
- Collective nouns (une foule de, beaucoup de, la plupart, etc.) : verb agreement with collective subjects;
- Prepositions (à, de, par, pour, etc.).
Frequency of Meetings :
For this type of course, 1 class per week of 2 hours’ duration for 10 weeks is recommended. Other scheduling options are open for discussion.
Course Duration :
21 hours of training.
From 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. Considerable flexibility to start courses on the date of your choice. Weekend workshop(s) also a possibility. Please contact us.
This module can be given at the UQAM Language School Centre, or at a location of your choice.
Steps and Follow-up :
Step 1 :
- A needs analysis and self-assessment by each participant
- A placement evaluation (written test)
Step 2 :
- Discussion of the frequency of meetings and of the composition of groups for evaluation purposes.
Step 3 :
- Start of course
- Two Teaching evaluations, mid-way through and at the end of the course
- A regular record of hours completed
- A detailed written report for each participant at the end of each course
- A training certificate and evaluation
Sliding-scale fees for groups. Please contact us.« Back to Course Catalogue