French: Effective Written Communication
Target Public :
Business executives and employees, Canadian civil servants working in the federal and provincial government, individuals.
Course Formats :
- Small-group lessons
- Private or semi-private lessons
Written French (first-language)
This module may be offered in other languages. Please consult us.
Levels Offered :
- Level 4: intermediate – Objective : basic functional level
- Levels 5 and 6 : advanced intermediate/Advanced – Objective: advanced functional level/ bilingual
Teaching Approach and Content :
The objective of this module is to give you the tools to help you :
- Structure your ideas to write precise, concise, coherent written documents (eg. letters, memos, emails);
- Build arguments that will convince people in a variety of contexts, including delicate ones;
- Improve your written expression by increasing clarity and precision;
- Improve the look of your written work, making it more professional and attractive.
Frequency of Meetings :
For this type of course, 1 class per week of 3 hours’ duration for 7 weeks is recommended. Alternatively, a seminar of 7 hours per day offered over three days, each separated by a week’s interval might be suitable. Other scheduling options are open for discussion.
Course Duration :
21 hours of training.
From 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. Considerable flexibility to start courses on the date of your choice. Weekend workshop(s) also a possibility. Please contact us.
This module can be given at the UQAM Language School Centre, or at a location of your choice.
Steps and Follow-up :
Step 1 :
- A needs analysis and self-assessment by each participant
- Email submission to the consultant/instructor so the level of written French (grammar, vocabulary, style, etc) can be assessed;
- A placement evaluation (written test), if need be.
Step 2 :
- Discussion of the frequency of meetings and of the composition of groups for evaluation purposes.
Step 3 :
- Start of course
- Two Teaching evaluations, mid-way and at the end of the course
- A regular record of hours completed
- A detailed written report for each participant at the end of each course
- A training certificate and evaluation
Sliding-scale fees for groups. Please contact us.« Back to Course Catalogue