English : Business Negotiation
Target Public :
CEOs, business executives and managers, individuals.
Course Formats :
- Small-group lessons
- Private or semi-private lessons
Oral and written English: foreign-language
Other Languages :
This module may be offered in other languages. Please consult us.
Levels Offered :
- Level 4: intermediate – Objective : basic functional level
- Levels 5 and 6 : advanced intermediate/Advanced – Objective: advanced functional level/ bilingual
Teaching Approach and Content :
The objective of this module is to give you the tools to help you optimize your language skills so you can negotiate in English. You will learn to:
- Introduce yourself and others;
- Establish a cooperative atmosphere;
- Express your needs and ask about the needs of others;
- Exhange information;
- Analyze documents;
- Explore options;
- Make a financial offer;
- Suggest, refuse, accept, debate;
- Bring a deal to closure, set conditions;
- Close a deal
Methodology focuses on role-playing and real-life simulation.
Cross-cultural exchange is integrated into all of our courses to give you the tools to understand cultural codes crucial to foreign-language acquisition.
Frequency of Meetings :
For this type of course, 1 class per week of 3 hours’ duration for 7 weeks is recommended. Alternatively, a seminar of 7 hours per day offered over three days, each separated by a week’s interval might be suitable. Other scheduling options are open for discussion.
Course Duration :
21 hours of training.
From 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. Considerable flexibility to start courses on the date of your choice. Weekend workshop(s) also a possibility. Please contact us.
This module can be given at the UQAM Language School Centre, or at a location of your choice.
Steps and Follow-up :
Step 1 :
- A needs analysis and self-assessment by each participant
- A placement evaluation (written and oral test)
Step 2 :
- Discussion of the frequency of meetings and of the composition of groups for evaluation purposes.
Step 3 :
- Start of course
- Two Teaching evaluations, mid-way through and at the end of the course
- A regular record of hours completed
- A detailed written report for each participant at the end of each course
- A training certificate and evaluation
Sliding-scale fees for groups. Please contact us.« Back to Course Catalogue